Saturday, February 27, 2010

Finding Online Job That Really Pays

It started out while I was surfing the net looking for online legitimate work. Some promised quick money for online data entry but you have to pay a fee to access their server, others were paid to click sites which pay you very little money in exchange for thirty seconds of your life while viewing ads.

None of these appealed to me. First of all, quick get rich schemes are usually scams anyway. They promise to pay you big bucks for easy jobs. Hey, I'm not saying they're all scams, but come on, if working was that easy, why study law or become a doctor? let's just do the online data entry instead, end of money problems, end of story right?



Then I tried the Paid To Click Sites. They were boring! To some people thirty seconds viewing an advertisement on the web may sound like the ideal dream job. And it was easy! Click view, click view. But to me it was monotonous. And the pay was horrible! .001 cent per click! How many sites do I need to view before I earn a decent amount? It offered no mental stimulation whatsoever. I felt like a zombie watching other zombies.



Then I finally found oDesk. I had my reservations at first. I mean the internet can be "spooky", "mysterious" and "vague". You can be anything you want to be on the net. I kept thinking, who would hire me. We are strangers, we are never going to see each other, seldom hear each other's voice or share jokes at the water dispenser. But then I realized that oDesk was first of all, free. It does not discriminate against race, gender or physical incapacities. It is an equal opportunity employer. Best of all you get paid and stay at home at the same time.



I was intimidated at first, but the same reservations I had about the internet drove me to be bold. These people don't know me. I have talents, I am a writer, I like reading and researching new stuff. I am curious. So, my curiosity got the better of me. I applied for five jobs first, got rejected because I was new to oDesk. No problem, I told myself. This is just like hunting for a real job in the real world. So I kept applying. I finally got hired after a week or so.

I had fun writing those articles. They were mostly about the same topic, but I had so much fun researching the articles and later as I got familiar with the topic, I began to use my imagination and had a blast doing them.


But as with some relationships it had to end. My buyer told me he needed to cut costs, so there you go. But working in oDesk has broadened my horizons. It taught me to push myself by being creative, to have patience with other people and it gave me the opportunity to meet people from different countries. oDesk also gave me additional income which has helped my family.


Best of all, oDesk allowed me to go to work but stay at home to take care of my family.
 The Best Damn Google Adsense Book B&W Edition: How To Make Dollars Instead Of Cents With Adsense (Volume 1)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

Online Data Entry Jobs

Popular Posts